Home Cooking 101: Chicken Tinola (Ep 2)



Chicken Tinola

Right on a busy day, we wanted to have something warm for lunch and decided to go for Tinola.
Third home cooked meal made by yours truly, my second was actually Ginisang Sayote but I'd rather not include it my blog because it was a fail. Sayote was over-cooked and I put a lot of meat so it's really oily. Naaaah!!!
Thank you to those downloadable recipe apps, I had an easy guide in preparing our lunch.

It took me quite a long time to cook because I was really hesitant with the chicken meat. I''m so afraid that it might turn our uncooked. That's gonna be a nightmare. So glad it came out well-cooked but I had a problem with my taste bud. My partner told me it was a bit salty (but tolerable, he might just said that so I won't be offended, lol) but for me it was just right. I did add more fish sauce that the usual measure cos I still find the taste bland, I think that's what made it salty. He still ate a lot though.

I guess I'll have a few more cooking 101 in the next day. Stay tune.
Ingredients:
Chicken (Half)
Chicken Stock
Green Papaya
Fish Sauce
Ginger
Garlic
Onion
Malunggay Leaves

Procedure:
- Saute ginger, garlic and onion.
- Put in the chicken and cook until color turns to light brown
- Add fish sauce and mix well
- Pour in chicken stock and simmer for 40 minutes
- Add green papaya and simmer until soften.
- Add malunggay leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste

Comments