Home Cooking 101: Fried Rice and Egg (Ep3)



Serving you a hearty breakfast.
Get tired of cooking Garlic Rice every morning so I just toss in whatever is in the fridge.

I mixed in hotdog, longganisa and scramble egg. Who doesn't love egg anyways? It's a combo!  scramble and fried. What you think huh? 
Then I seasoned it with some knorr seasoning to taste.

Very easy to make, good to prepare when you're in a little hurry but still wants to have a heavy meal before you leave for work.

It's a rainy day today, a bed weather indeed. I was sleepy the whole time. Been waking up early for days now because I have to prepare meals before I leave. Now I know the struggle when you have someone to leave at home and you still need to prepare for work at the same time. This ain't easy though. But I just come to realize again I fun it really is to be in the kitchen.

I still remember way back high school, whenever they ask me what I want to be, there's only one answer I have..to be a chef. I did took the course for the profession I want but I still ended up in a difference field. There's no regret though, because I'm still in the same industry, but I am always wondering how great would it be if I pursue what I really want. 

How did I end up in a different profession? Well, during my training days I got involve in several incidents inside the kitchen, that's what made me think twice, is this the job for me? Also, I really have no artistic talent nor desire. Cookery is not just about preparing and tossing all ingredients together. There's an art involve in it. Proper formulation just to feed you a very delicious food served in a instagram worthy plating. I've always had trouble doing my plating, I'm so bad with coordinations. That's one more thing that made me doubt, also shouldn't miss to tell you that I'm afraid of cooking oils. I hate frying!! I'm so bad with fried dishes. That fried egg you see? that looks better than before, I can't perfect even a fried egg. But since I'm cooking it almost everyday for breakfast, I get to make it look a little better, still not perfect though.

I'm practicing to do more home food and hopefully soon I'll be able to prepare a restaurant worthy food again.

Thank you for reading!
Til our next episode.

Comments