Home Cooking 101: Sweet and Spicy Eggplant (Ep 6)

 



What's up guys!
We're back again to another cooking session. Skip the diet for now and let's try this recipe I saw on Tiktok.


Tiktok is no longer just a platform for people who wants to create dances, dubs, sing, people nowadays also share their food recipes and even making it as a diet journey mini vlogs. 
I maybe doing diet and recipe blogs here but not on tiktok haha

FOLLOW ME! @_gelai :) Let's be friends.

Going back. I've been craving to eat eggplant this past few days and this recipe appeared on my for you page which give me a thought instead of having a plain fried eggplant why not try this?

All we need is...
- 5 Eggplant (of course haha)
- 60g Oyster Sauce
- 1tsp Soy Sauce
- 2T Brown Sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 whole Onion
- Calamansi Extract
- Chili
- Oil

The first thing we do is to fry the eggplant, once cooked that's the time you add garlic and onions, I used white onions by the way it doesn't make me cry when I cut it. That's why I prefer it. Lol.

Then we add the sugar, instead of regular sugar I used equal sweetener since I'm trying to avoid sugars, mixed then add oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix well.

Add the calamansi extract, I forgot to buy calamansi so I used lemon, then your chilis! I'm not a fan of spicy foods so just to add a little kick I used chili powder instead of an actual chilis.

I adjusted the measurement of each ingredients since I cooked for one serving only.
I added boiled egg on the side because I don't eat rice. 

Rating? This is 8/10 really good as a viand. If I eat rice I would definitely eat many.
It's very easy to follow in 10 minutes you're done.

Try it at home now and see you on our next recipe!

Thank you for reading :) 

Comments