Home Cooking 101: Ginisang Ampalaya (Ep1)


It's a very rare moment of me to do cooking for a meal. I really love food, I love to eat, I love want to cook but I'm too lazy to do so. I've been living by myself for years now and haven't done any cooking for myself. I normally eat our office cafeteria or I take out or eat outside. 

During the quarantine I have decided to be fit and in order for me to do that, I have to keep myself away from all unhealthy foods and my daily go to when I'm alone are fast foods! I don't know what to do! What am I going to eat? I'm seriously left blank. I started with having breads and fruits but sometimes you really want to eat something heavy. So this is where it leads me..to cook!!

In order for me to be healthy and fit, I have to make my own meal. This is also to ensure that I choose a perfect balance ingredients for my food. I install a couple of recipe apps to help me with my cooking.

This isn't the first time I cooked ampalaya. I tried this before when my parents went on a vacation and I was left with my cousin alone. She doesn't know how to cook, since I'm the eldest and I was a culinary student that time..so I guess cooking is on me..so yeah, I thought of having this because I think it was easy but I was wrong! It was a disaster! I even prepared fried tilapia because that's my favorite combo, fish and vegetables, but it was also a major disaster!! Oh! I was afraid of oil by the way. She just laughed at me for what our meal looks like but she still ate it, she had no choice anyway. Hahaha.

I tried it for the 2nd time because I'm just staying home, and this time it went well. Although the taste is kind of bland but for me it's enough. I had ampalaya, tomato, pork, and egg. I just sautéed all the ingredients together and that's it! Happy tummy! 

See you in the next episode! 😊

Comments