Chef's Approved: Churro Bites

Craving your favorite Auntie Anne's Churros but afraid or not able to go out? Why not create your favorites at home😊

My cousin made a bavarian doughnut last week, I was supposed to make one also but my ingredients are incomplete so she suggested to make churros instead. Surely all ingredients are ready available at home, and it is!

What you need?
For churros:
1 cup Flour
1 cup Water
2 tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt 
8 tbsp Butter
3 Eggs

For coating: cinnamon powder and sugar

For dip: melt a dark chocolate and add heavy cream. Here I just used Goya milk chocolate spread since I have no dark chocolate available.

This is not the usual churros look, basically because I don't know where my piping tubes went, haven't used it for a long time and it's nowhere to be found at home. I'm supposed to wait until we get another set from the store but I really wanted to have some today so I just to make it.

Now, the next question is how?

• In a medium heat, mix the water, sugar, salt, and butter. Bring to boil and reduce the heat to low. Add the flour and stir until mixture is formed.

• Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated after each addition then transfer it to a pastry bag.

I used the plastic for ice, since I have no pastry bag. Just cut the tip small, I cut mine a little wide that's why I decided to make it round shape instead because if I do it like a stick it's so thick and I don't really like how it looks so just be careful when you cut the tip of your bag. Easier if you have a piping tube.

• Next, heat oil for frying, this should be deep fry. Pipe the mixture and cut it according to the length you prefer. Fry until golden brown. 

• Dry it in paper towel, then dump into your coating mixture.

• Place it on a clean plate together with the dip then serve immediately.

Churros is best to eat when its hot and freshly cooked. It melts in your mouth. Super easy to make and the finish product will not disappoint you. So the next time you crave for your favorite churros, go to your kitchen and do it. 

My dad really liked it. He is a chef so I asked him if I passed and he approved 👍 
He almost finish what I made. 

I hope this recipe will help you. Enjoy! Til our next experiment! 

Comments