Home Cooking 101: Beef Tapa (Ep 5)

 A Happy Sunday!

I'm back with a new recipe to share with everyone.

I've been thinking of making this Tapa for a long time. We all love having this in our favorite Silogan. Paired with Garlic Rice and a Sunny Side Up Egg...ooh~ so yummy!!!

So I when I was doing grocery I decided to buy some beef and cook it my rest day. Since all ingredients are available at home, I just bought the sirloin from the grocery. 

When I get home from the grocery, I did the marination right away. It was suggested in the recipe to the meat in the marination for at least 12 hours but I did it for like a day and a half. I believe the longer the marination is the better the taste will be.


What do we need..
- Beef Sirloin
- Soy Sauce
- Vinegar or calamansi
- Minced Garlic
- Sugar
- Salt and Pepper

Simple right?
I just mixed the soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and sugar together. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste then add the beef.

The recipe I followed is for 1/2 Beef, but since I'm the only one eating so I only bought 1/4 of the meat. All measurement were adjusted into half or to my taste. 

How to cook..
I placed the marination in a pan and added 1 cup of water. Bring them to boil until the water absorbs.


Once all the water is gone, add 2 tablespoon of oil and start frying the meat until cooked.
And that's it! Served it with Garlic Rice and Egg. You now have your very own Tapsilog!!


If you'll ask why I have cucumber instead of rice. I don't eat rice for my diet. It's not a bad combination though.

Try it at home and Enjoy!! :)


Comments