Weight Loss and Weight Gain Story (2020-2021)

It was a fun and drastic experience.

I started my weight loss journey back in summer of 2020 during the quarantine. The hotel I am working at was affected by the pandemic which made us took a break for several months. I was at home without work. From a weight of 63kg(pre-lockdown), it went down to 49kg in 6 months. 

Before lockdown, I enrolled in a gym planning to loose some weight however it was closed because of the nationwide lockdown. The gym coaches gave us home workouts so we can continue our fitness plan at home, I did it but I was not loosing weight. That's when I realize I need to change my food intake. One night, I was scrolling through my phone and read several diet techniques. I came across this LCIF, learned about it and tried. It worked! With consistency I loose weight little by little. I started doing workouts from youtube. I did try also Chloe Ting's summer shred which helped my shaped a little. I really did not mind the sudden decrease in my food in take maybe because my mind and body was at full rest and I just lost all the cravings I normally had.

I was able to maintain this diet even after returning to work by June of 2020. However, gyms opened and holidays came I lost control and track. Gym means heavier and harder routines which makes me really hungry right after and since I'm finishing my workout around 9pm, I always eat so late at night. And up to this date, I haven't had a perfect diet cycle. I always fell down with cheat days. My appetite became bigger, even bigger before I started loosing weight. Midnight snacks return, sweet cravings, and high carbs.

And within 6 months, I gained back weight. Which is really upsetting but I have no one to blame to but myself.
This was taken a few days ago at the weight of 62kg. 

As someone who has been chubby since a little kid, I gain weight easily. But of course I have to admit, this weight gain is really an unhealthy one. Ice cream, donuts, pizza, pasta, burger and so on...can you imagine me finishing a pint of ice cream in one sitting? a half dozen of donut? I never imagine myself eating that in one sitting. I have never done it before. I guess the diet was really restrictive, just like any another diet guru says if you're taking a too restrictive diet you'll gain back what you loose in no time, which happened to me.

I'm trying my best to go back on track even I'm struggling. Trying to change it a little doing low carb without intermittent. Hoping I get the fulfillment with this and not starving myself.

As I approach the mid-year, I'm determine to take this seriously and come back on my birth month to write another blog and share some good news.

See you on NOVEMBER!!!

Comments